Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Storm

I guess I jumped the gun by posting how crazy our week was. Friday was by far the worst! I had orientation at school yesterday that ended at 11:30 but since the school has been receiving complaints about students leaving early they decided to keep us in class all day doing absolutely nothing! I ended up leaving school @ 2:00 when I got a text from Stephen saying I needed to pick him up b/c he had a migraine! He has only had one other migraine since we have been married and what happens is everything gets really blurry, his head starts pounding, he cannot open his eyes and he spends most the day vomiting. It is really awful! I called my best friend Abida and let her know that he wasn't going to be able to help me set up so I would need help trying to cook spaghetti for 50! I gathered all my cooking supply from the apartment and headed down and as I was unlocking the door....the tornado sirens start going off! So I had to print off signs to cancel the event and come home to take cover! Stephen was already in the bathroom so that was good! I was trying to get me hammock and lawn chairs off the balcony! Everyone was calling to make sure we were safe not knowing that I was running around like chicken with no head, and Stephen was blowing chunks! We do appreciate your concern, and thanks for checking in on us! In the end my good friend Julie had some dinner for us and Debbie brought over some prescription migraine medicine for Stephen and we watched happy feet! We didn't wake up this morning until about 12:00! I will wait until the week is over to post next time!

No comments: