Friday, June 1, 2007

Costochondritis

If you know me very well or have spent any amount of time with me at all you have heard me complain of "chest pain". I have this weird pain that feels like me chest is caving in or "overlapping" on itself. It gives the sensation that someone has got my heart in there hand and squeezes randomly, not all the time and its not an unbearable pain but everyday at some point or another it happens. Many people have laughed at me (I forgive you) and others have called me a hypochondriac ( I forgive you too). Well my hubby finally got tired of my wining and a little worried because it has been going on for a while so I went to the doctor today. He diagnosed me with costochondritis. Basically the cartilage between my ribs and my sternum is inflamed. He said its not really something to worry about and is very common is girls my age. He prescribed me some steroid's and he said that should take care of it. I just wanted to let everyone know that I wasn't making it up and it really does hurt!

No comments: