I'm gonna cut this poll short because honestly I don't have much of an opinion.
We have recently made the switch and this is what I have found. The meat is oober expensive but it truly tastes better! The veggie chips and crackers are awful but organic granola with apples and cinnamon or dark chocolate pieces is a great snack! I love to have carrots for a snack or slice an apple with cheese. I also enjoy having oatmeal for breakfast or a banana and whole grain toast...if you can see a trend...We have decided to eat healthier. Not necessarily all organics. While we have switched to buying mostly organic food we have done so because most of the produce in a regular grocery store doesn't taste that great! If I couldn't tell a difference in the taste then I wouldn't waste my time going to Whole Foods and I wouldn't waste the money because some things are a little pricey. BUT for all of you who said you would eat it if you could afford it I think you can! I didn't think we could afford to switch until I did a little research but I am actually saving money! You heard me saving! Why? You may ask...because when you are buying fresh fruits and veggies and foods with no preservatives it will go bad so you can only buy what you can eat in a week! So that's what I am doing, Stephen doesn't love all of the new things that I am making but compared to oreos, ice cream, chips, organic chicken and rice is never going to measure up! Don't get me wrong still eat cookies and snack foods but as the exception not the rule!
Another trick that is saving me a ton of money is my meat mallot! I bought a meat tenderizor for $10 at target and anytime I buy a split chicken breast ($8) I cut it in half and pound it flat grill one piece and then cut it into two servings! Saving myself 8 dollars a week at the grocery store and the serving size is just big enough to fill us up!
No comments:
Post a Comment