This blog was not created to talk about "the issues" it was intended to keep up with family and boast about my baby girl but I do have opinions and it is my blog! So here is what I think about the stimulus. Preposterous. What an amazing amount of money to be spent so carelessly. While president Obama rushes this bill along before everyone who is involved has a chance to read over it with a fine tooth comb we sit by helplessly. Sure you can call your senator or send a letter but is that really effective? I don't honestly think so. I'm sure there were many democrats who called there republican senators pleading with them to vote yes on this stimulus bill and yet only two republican senators actually did. It just simply isn't effective. I am happy to say that my senator Mitch McConnell was not one of those republicans. He is the senate minority leader and had this to say about the supposed stimulus...
“We’re taking an enormous risk -- an enormous risk -- with other people’s money,” said McConnell. “The president was right to call for a stimulus, but this bill misses the mark. It’s full of waste; we have no assurance it will create jobs or revive the economy. The only thing we know for sure is that it increases our debt.”
So how much money are we talking about? $789,000,000,000 To put this in perspective McConnell says "if you spent $1 million a day, every day since Jesus was born, you still wouldn't have spent $1 trillion."
So what exactly are they going to do with this money? Here is a break down of what some of the larger portions of this stimulus will be spent on...
Health care-$137.0
Tax Credit-$115.0
Energy-$92.1
Education-$91.0
Infrastructure-$85.7
Alternative minimum tax-$70.0 ( I don't know what this is, if you do please explain!)
Aid to the unemployed-$67.0
I am not only concerned with the amount of money that is being spent but with how quickly these decisions are being made. If things really are as bad as they seem then I would want our government to take their time and at least try to get it right. Throwing money at the situation and hoping that something works (claiming all the while that it might not work just to cover their rears when it doesn't) is not wise and I do not wish for my money (and your money) to be spent in this way.
I will continue to pray for our countries leadership. Asking God to save their souls and change their hearts. That they would desire to do what is right according to his word.
No comments:
Post a Comment