Monday, March 16, 2009

Vaccinations

I have to disagree with most of you on this one. This is what I have found out about vaccines and this is what we have decided to do...

We do plan on giving Aby most of her vaccinations. Initially I planned to spread them out but after talking with my pediatrician I decided that it's not worth the time and energy because there really is no medical benefit. The reason I wanted to do so was because I thought that if Aby had a reaction we would know exactly what vaccine caused it and would be able to treat it more effectively. My pediatrician assured me that he has never had a patient have a reaction to any vaccine EVER! The reason being that he does a complete physical assessment on every patient before they ever receive a shot. In most cases when a reaction occurs it is because the child is already sick and that is why it is vital that your pediatrician asses your baby before administering any injections!

What we won't give her...
Aby will not be receiving her Rubella, Varicella and Hepatitis A vaccination. Why? Because we are pro-life. These vaccines currently contain tissue of aborted fetus' and I will not advocate the use of a vaccine that promotes the killing of unborn babies and I propose that you would not either. However Aby is not supposed to get these shots for a while and until that time comes I will pray that another options becomes available.

My pediatrician gave me several helpful articles for making this decision and in talking with him and doing research on my own I think that we have made the best decision for Aby. The most comforting thing to me is that I completely trust my pediatrician, I know that he is a christian man and a new dad. I know that he would not advise me to do something if he didn't think it was the absolute best for my daughter!

No comments: