When I was pregnant with Aby I decided that the 25lbs the doctor recommends that you gain was just not enough...so I gained 40!!! That's right 40lbs. I got lucky with an 8 1/2 lb baby but the rest was up to me to get rid of. As soon as Abigail was born (literally moments after) I was asking my doctor when I could go to the gym. About 2 weeks later I started doing Yoga at home and after 6 weeks I went back to the gym, Aby in tow and started running. I have never enjoyed running for long periods of time but it is definitely growing on me. I run several times a week, several miles at a time and I am really loving the changes it has made to my body. I can happily say I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight and still losing and this weekend I ran my first 5K! It took me 28 minutes but I am so proud of myself for finishing! The next race is July 4Th, Stephen is going to join me and I am hoping to shed several minutes off my time by then! Wish me luck.
Not that you can see me but Stephen took this little video at the beginning of the race!
No comments:
Post a Comment