Grease Lightning, have you ever heard it? It's a fun, upbeat tune that I listened to on repeat for a good portion of my childhood. Apparently I had the edited version because I was never aware of the profanity that is included in the original (John Travolta/Olivia Newton John) version. It's pretty disgusting actually. I would never listen to it now for fear of getting some of the words stuck in my head.
Moving right along...
I started taking Abigail to bouncing babies at the library. This is our third week now, we have been going on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are two different teachers and two different routines. We do a welcome song where all of the children jump and clap. Aby loves it. Afterwards they have a big box of balls and all the kiddos get one. On Tuesdays the teacher plays "bop bop bipity" and on Thursdays the other teacher plays "Grease Lightning".
Really?
Is that really appropriate for bouncing babies?
I don't think so.
So, after the first week I thought "surely they won't play it again".
Wrong.
So today I asked the Tuesday teacher if they ever change the songs and she said no. They will have the same songs all summer. So I mentioned the profanity in the Thursday song and she assured me that the other teacher must not have noticed it. I disagree just because of how obvious it is (especially when you hear the song back to back every Thursday). She said she would mention it to the other teacher.
Anywho...
.
What would you do???
If I go back to bouncing babies on Thursday and she continues to play the song after she has been informed of the profanity what should I do???
Take the poll please!
I hate to feel like I'm making a big deal out of nothing but seriously we are talking about toddlers and fowl language.
1 comment:
Amiable dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.
Post a Comment