Saturday, January 8, 2011

Two

As we celebrate Abigail turning two, I want to stop and think of all the amazing things she has learned. I want to record some of her milestones, and some of my favorite memories of the past two years with my sweet baby girl!

Abigail is going to make an amazing wife and mother one day. I have the precious opportunity to teach her how to keep a home. I get to model for her godliness, discipline, patience, grace, mercy, diligence, and love. While this can be an overwhelming task some days, I pray that I will always seek her forgiveness when I fail. I know that it's impossible to be a perfect mother, but I hope to point her to a perfect savior.
I say that she will be a great mother not because of what I have taught her, but because of what innately brings her joy. I have never assigned Abigail a chore greater than "can you put your toys away" but she loves to help. She puts all the pillows on my bed while I make it, she unloads all her dishes from the dishwasher and puts them in their drawer. She attempts to empty her potty (which can be comical and disgusting at the same time). She loves to help me cook, and never passes on an opportunity- as soon as she thinks I may cook something she rushes to push her chair over to the counter top so she can help. She also loves to nurture he baby sister, we will talk about that more later!

A few of Abigail's mile stones include:

-being pretty much potty trained (we are still working on #2 for those of you who wondered what "pretty much" means!)

-counting to ten

-she knows her abc's and wxyz's ( those are the only letters she says!)

-she can put her shoes on, and most of the time she gets them on the right feet!

-her vocabulary is enormous!

- she can turn on the tv and DVD player, put in a movie, and press play with the remote. Although, I'm not bragging about that to anyone :)

-she can feed Ginger, and is glad to do it!

She is a pretty impressive little girl.


Abigail is madly in love with Maddie. She loves to be the boss and enforce the rules. Her most frequent comment to her sister is "No, maaaddie!!!" she checks her diaper ever so often proclaiming "shoowee" if its dirty! She enjoys holding her bottle for her, and patting her back when she cries!

Abigail's best friend is Oliviah and she can't get enough of her. She frequently asks to see her picture on facebook, and only gets excited to go to church if "liliah" is going to be there!

She loves our new iPhones, she can unlock the screen, and enjoys the talking Tom! It's pretty hilarious.

We are still working on Abigail's memory book, so far she has completed the first catechism. Who made you? -God made me.

I won't lie, she has her fair share of tantrums, but we can usually diffuse the situation pretty quickly! I have found that consistency is key, and if I slack she pushes the limits to see what she can get away with!

If I had to use a few words to describe my little girl it would be, bubbly, silly, social, pretty, sweet, independent, curious, and nurturing.

She is definitely living up to her name, a true daddy's girl. She is passionate about football, and loves to watch/play with daddy! They frequently and randomly pronounce "DOWN, SET.....HUT!!!"And go charging through the living room, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, anywhere really and tackle each other.

I could go on and on another my first born, sweet heart.

I love you Abigail Grace!






-Nikki

1 comment:

Jessica_Graves said...

You are an amazing mother from what it sounds like. You were raised well and people can see that in your children. You are inspiring and an example to all mothers. I say this hardly knowing you and I can say it with confidence because of the words you speak. You obviously have a tremendous faith in God and are doing what He wants of us as servants. I am truly inspired. Keep up the awesome job!