Thursday, February 3, 2011

The stuff

I lost my keys....

In the great unknown...

And call me please....

Cause I can't find my phone....

This is the stuff, that drives me crazy,

This is the stuff that's been getting to me lately!


Have you heard it? It's a new song from Franchesca Battistelli. She's a Christian artist and a new mom. Maybe just knowing that she's a young mom makes me relate to her more (not that I know her or anything) but I can absolutely understand this song!

I even have a few things I'd like to add.

So, this is the stuff that's been driving me crazy!


The Stuff.

Abigail asking to go potty as soon as I buckle her into her car seat, after making three trips to get everything and everyone in the car!

Blowouts.

Making a pot of coffee only to realize that I'm out of creamer!

Forgetting the combination to my lock the day after I threw away the package!

Tantrums.

The dog getting into the trash.

And...

Drum roll, please...

Finding an old milk cup under Abigail's crib, solidified!

Just to name a few...this week!

I'm glad to know that the Lord is using all of these (ridiculous) things to refine my character, teach me new things about himself. He is teaching me patience, and perseverance through each one of these mundane things. He is teaching me to love my children deeper, to firgive them often, and to admit when I need to seek forgiveness!

This is the stuff that the Lord uses, like it or not!

What's the stuff that's driving you crazy?

-Nikki





1 comment:

Jessica_Graves said...

I'm constantly losing things too. I can NEVER find my phone and it's usually on silent, so that REALLY doesn't help. I always forget to leave out meat to thaw for dinner. And blowouts... in a diaper sense... yeah I can relate. Olivia has her own load of laundry about once a week.

But in all of this, I am learning to keep up with things. And I know what you mean with the seeking forgiveness.