One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
That's right, SIX!
This isn't common today, I don't know why. I hope to have six children. I hope to be able to stop myself from having more than six children. The scriptures says this about children...
Behold, Children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb, a reward. Like Arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of ones youth. Blessed is the man who's quiver is full with them. He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. Psalm 127:3-5
It's amazing how our culture obscures that view. God tells us they are precious, and a reward and yet they are so often treated as a burden. I hope and pray that everyday my children will know that they are my joy, my reward. My prize.
During this class, we learned about an illness. Hurry Sickness. Maybe you've heard of it? Maybe you suffer from it. I know I do.
Last night my husband and I sat down to sync up our schedules for the week.
We try to make it to the gym everyday, BSF on Wednesday, I have work on Thursday and Friday,not to mention MOPS in the morning, a birthday party on Saturday...the list goes on and on. Honestly I don't know how we keep it together, and why things don't constantly overlap.
So, I'm here to admit I have a problem, an illness really. Hurry Sickness. I think the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Although, I have no intentions of seeking a cure.
My only hope at this point is that I will continue to communicate proficiently with my husband and be able to keep the ball rolling!
A couple of things that help us out include...
~A written and electronic schedule. I have a day planner and a calendar on our nifty phones.
~ Regular "sync" sessions. We sit down and discuss the week to come, usually on Sunday evening!
~A daily schedule that stays the same regardless of where we are. Like Madeline's Nap time, and Abigail's snack time.
~ When I am asked to do anything my usual reply is not "yes" or "no" but "let me check with Stephen and get back to you". This keeps me from having to back out of commitments, and keeps my husband in the loop!
I hope that these things will help you as you suffer through hurry sickness too. I know that many Americans have been affected by this terrible illness, and I hope to help ease its symptoms!
-Nikki
My Reward.

No comments:
Post a Comment